Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July Update!


This is going to be an everything update. Ready?

I haven’t really been working out lately. I mean, I’ve been playing volleyball and I’ve been rock climbing, but it’s just not nearly the same intensity that I was used to. I went to a group fitness class for the first time in months last week, and I must have been the worst one there. I couldn’t believe how quickly muscle gains are lost! Instead of doing weight work yesterday, I decided to do some cardio. I almost wasn’t going to go because I couldn’t fit in a whole hour, but then I remembered something Chris Powell once told a group of us. It’s okay if you can’t workout for 10 hours a day, it’s okay if you can’t workout for 1 hour a day, it’s okay if you can’t workout for 30 minutes a day, if all you have is 5 minutes, then give your all for those 5 minutes. I had 30 minutes, so I gave my all for those 30 minutes.

And it felt GREAT!

I need to constantly remind myself that I love exercise. I was born to workout, I just keep forgetting that. I love when my sweat pools and my muscles ache. I love when I’m out of breath and my heart is pounding. I love it when I’m in the moment, I just keep forgetting about how much I love that moment and instead remember all the other things I could do with that time, other things that don’t make me nearly as happy. Bring on the exercise addiction, it’s a great addiction to have.

As for the healthy eating, it’s always a work in progress. I read something yesterday that said something like “I’m eating healthy today. *see’s food* Well, screw that!”. I sort of feel like that, like every day. I have found awesome substitutes for ice cream (frozen yogurt or skinny cow cones), chips (popcorn, I have a serious addiction to popcorn) and burgers (turkey burgers from Trader Joes are SO GOOD), but I need to get back on the no-sugar chocolate thing. And I need to drink more water, like a lot more water. Thanks for letting me talk this out, you all help me plan so well.

So, I’m going to keep moving forward in healthy eating and exercising, because it feels so much better when I treat my body right. Not just physically, but mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The world does a great job in tricking me into believing that I will be happier if I eat like everyone else, and if I watch the latest episode or catch the newest movie instead of exercising, but the world lies. I am so much happier when I eat right and move my body.

Now for my bucket list destroying summer..

This has been a summer of NEW experiences for me. I went flyboarding (like a jetpack attached to your feet over water), I have been canyoneering twice (hiking through water with a rappelling twist), I went to Six Flags, saw fireworks on the beach, and visited Seattle. I have one more really awesome FIRST coming up, and I’m TERRIFIED. This is something I always thought I wanted to do, and I was so excited when I realized it was finally happening. The yesterday I watched a video of a friend doing this, and I think it made it real to me. I don’t know how I’m going to go through with it, but I can’t chicken out now.

SkyDive Arizona, here I come. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment