Monday, October 15, 2012

Week 31:Tight Schedule?

For the next 11 weeks I will be working out 9x/week. I understand that I may have the occasional interruption, but I am hopeful they will be rare.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday
4:30am: Wake up!
5:00am: Cardio @ LA Fitness
6:15am: Shower
7:30am: Commute to ASU
8:00am: Work
5:00pm: Physical Therapy/Personal Training (PT) (Cardio/Weights on Wednesday)
7:30pm: Teach Bagpipes (Band Rehersal on Friday)
9:30pm: Sleep

Tuesday/Thursday
6:00am: Wake up!
7:00am: Commute to ASU
7:30am: Institute
8:00am: Work
5:00pm: Cardio @ LA Fitness
6:00pm: Errands :(
7:30pm: Foam Roll
8:30pm: Sleep

Saturday
5:30am: Wake up!
6:30am: Pick up sister (Thanks for hiking with me every week!)
7:00am: Hike
11:00am: Cinderella (errands, clean, cook, etc..)
4:00pm: FREE TIME!!! HALLELUJAH!!

Sunday
8-9:00am: Wake up :)
11:00am: Church
3:00pm: Prepare food for the week
5:00pm: Relax.

REPEAT.

Last week was my first week on this schedule. While I am not a fan of waking up at 4:30am, I am a fan of working out in the morning.

My nutrition was GREAT this week. I even logged my food on MyFitnessPal. I started to get dizzy during my workout on Friday night and realized I had only consumed 713 calories for the day....oops. Fridays are always hard, but this one was even worse. If I did not have good options for lunch in the past (no fridge/freezer, nothing prepared, etc...) I would just grab a burger, now I just have a protein shake. Unfortunately, protein doesn't have the calories I need.

I never track what I eat on the weekends. I don't go totally off plan and eat whatever I see, but I allow myself two days of not planning. I've started a habit of getting a subway sandwich after my Saturday hike, eating my normal breakfast meal a few hours later, and working in lean protein during the rest of the day. Sundays I depend on protein bars, protein powder, and whatever I am preparing for the next week (usually turkey tacos). I'll allow myself to have things like chips and guac or a lean cut steak, and whatever fruit sounds good. This past weekend I made some no sugar pumpkin spice cookies and they turned out SO good. I also made Chris Powell's Peanut Butter Power Bricks. They are DELISH. The only bad thing about the peanut butter bricks is that they have honey and peanut butter in them, so you have to be careful to not indulge too much.



4 LBS. YEAH!!! I want SO SO badly to be under 200 by January 1st - that gives me 11 weeks to lose 34 lbs. This is an average of just over 3 lbs a week. That is a LOT. I have averaged 1.8 lbs a week. That is why I will be working out 9x a week for the next 11 weeks. I am skipping Thanksgiving. I am skipping Halloween goodies. I know Christmas is going to be SO hard, but I have to keep my goals in mind. I know this goal might be too much of a stretch. If I can't hit 199 by January 1st I will at least get there before January 31st.

But I'm going to try for January 1st.

Many of you have asked for progress pictures. I have put these on the page "pictures" and will continue to update this monthly. I was pleasantly surprised at the physical change since 282 lbs. I hope 190 will be just as great :)

1 comment:

  1. Ӏ'm amazed, I must say. Seldߋm do I come across a blog
    that's bоth equally educativе and amusing, and let me tell you, you've
    hit the nail on the heaԁ. The problem iѕ somethіng which not
    enough ƿeople are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy І
    found this during my hunt for something concerning thiѕ.


    My blog; Barre Workout wellington

    ReplyDelete